CTI’s Janus PACs offer “gateways” to a wide variety of protocols, allowing you to communicate with best-in-class I/O, drives, and HMI/SCADA, no matter their manufacturer.
The new “JANUS” Processor brings completely new capabilities to the CTI 2500 Series® System. Designed to work seamlessly with existing 2500 Series® and Simatic®/TI 505 Systems as well as to look to the future with state-of-the-art programming, protocols and capabilities, including direct access to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) using MQTT.
This Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) is fast, agile and optimized for quick, easy, and cost-effective communications. It features integrated drivers to an industry-leading number of protocols, allowing communications with best-in-class I/O devices, drives, and HMI/SCADA no matter the manufacturer. It is programmed with CTI’s new, user-friendly and cost-effective JANUS Workbench software, which supports all IEC-61131-3 programming languages, including the integration of straton. Initially available in our Classic size, a fully-featured Compact version will be available soon.
Key features :
Programmed using Janus Workbench Software (JSoft), which allows use of all IEC-61131-3 languages: LD (RLL), FBD, ST, SFC and IL
- Up to 10x execution speed compared to current 2500 Series® CPUs
- Built-in Remote I/O and Profibus interfaces with support for all existing 2500 Series® discrete and analog modules, Classic and Compact
- Built-in web server for diagnostics and statistics simplifies troubleshooting and support
- Built-in web-based visualization of graphics pages designed in Janus Workbench
- Entire operating system, firmware, and user program is contained on a standard SD card, which makes replacement of the PLC easy, should you ever have a failure
- Four Ethernet ports with internal switch that supports simultaneous connection to 4 different Ethernet networks
- Support of multiple communication protocols for connecting to major HMI and SCADA systems
- Extensive built-in communications capabilities:
- Optimized peer-to-peer communications with other JANUS Series PACs and 2500P-ACP1 / 2500P-ECC1 coprocessors
- CAMP Client for communicating with all CTI Ethernet products (2572, 505-CP2572, 2572-A, 2572-B, 2500P-ECC1, 2500 Series® CPUs)
- CAMP Server for HMI/SCADA access
- Open Modbus Client and Server
- Ethernet/IP Scanner
- Ethernet/IP Adapter
- Ethernet/IP Tag Client
- Ethernet/IP Tag Server
- MQTT client for direct access to the IIoT
- OPC-UA server (future)
- Profinet controller and device (future)
Since 1980, Control Technology, Inc (CTI) has been an innovator in designing and manufacturing advanced products for process control and factory automation. Today, CTI offers a brand-new line of smart, robust PACs – the Janus PAC – as well as a successor programmable automation control system for the TI/Siemens 505 PLC line that is 100% compatible and includes new and improved CPUs, I/O, communication products (w/master Ethernet I/O capability and IEC-61131 programmability), advanced HMI and easy integration to zenon, a robust and complete SCADA system. CTI is dedicated to ensuring compatibility across successive generations, minimizing the risk and cost of system modernization and helping customers derive maximum return on investment.
For more information :