CTI has been enriching its Janus CPU line for many years. Their programmable controller system is designed to be used in a wide range of applications and can be used to replace Texas Instruments and Siemens® 505 systems.
CTI Janus Compact PAC family
In 2022, CTI expands the Janus PAC line with this fourth variation: the 2500C-J750 Compact version. This new Compact CTI® family is a modern programming tool that includes new communication protocols and new features such as access to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) through the MQTT protocol. The new Janus PAC includes drivers for a wide range of communication protocols to facilitate the integration of the best I/Os, drives and other HMI/SCADA systems regardless of the supplier. It is fast, easy to use and optimized for efficient communication implementation.
The runtime of these new Janus Compact PACs is based on the straton core. In addition, CTI offers to its customers the possibility to develop applications through the IEC61131-3 “Janus Workbench” Editor, a fully customized version of the straton Editor thanks to the brand labelling possibility.
“STRATON AUTOMATION has allowed CTI to enter into new markets, and we would have not been able to accomplish this without an experienced partner. I have really enjoyed working with Christian and the support team over the last 13 years.”
Dave Kaz –Vice President of Software Development at CTI
To learn more about the JANUS Workbench, discover their video training.
Key features of the Janus range:
- Programming using Janus Workbench (JSoft) software, which supports all IEC-61131-3 languages: LD, FBD, ST, SFC and IL
- Integrated remote I/O and Profibus interfaces with support of all existing discrete and analog modules of the 2500® series (Classic and Compact)
- Integrated web server for diagnostics and statistics which simplifies troubleshooting and support
- Integrated web viewer for graphic pages designed in the Janus Workbench
- The operating system, firmware and user program are all contained on a standard SD card. It allows easy replacement of the controller in case of failure.
- Support of multiple communication protocols allows connection to major HMI and SCADA systems.
- Built-in communication capabilities:
- Peer-to-peer communications between all JANUS PACs series and 2500P-ACP1 / 2500P-ECC1 coprocessors
- CAMP Client to communicate with all CTI Ethernet products (2572, 505-CP2572, 2572-A, 2572-B, 2500P-ECC1, 2500 Series® CPUs)
- CAMP server for HMI/SCADA access
- Open Modbus client and server
- Ethernet/IP scanner
- Ethernet/IP adapter
- Ethernet/IP tag client
- Ethernet/IP tag server
- MQTT client for direct access to the IIoT
- OPC-UA server
- Profinet controller and device (future)
Since 1980, Control Technology, Inc (CTI) is an innovator in the design and manufacture of advanced products for process control and factory automation. Today, CTI offers an all-new line of smart and robust PACs – the Janus PAC – as well as a programmable automation control system succeeding the TI/Siemens 505 PLC line. This system is 100% compatible and includes new and improved CPUs, I/Os, communication products (with Ethernet master I/O capability and IEC-61131 programming), advanced HMI and easy integration to zenon, a robust and complete SCADA system. CTI is focused on ensuring compatibility between successive generations, minimizing the risks and costs of system upgrades, and helping customers realize maximum return on investment.
For more information :